JCI TOYP serves to formally recognize young people who excel in their chosen fields and create positive change. By recognizing these young people, JCI raises the status of socially responsible leaders in this world. The honorees motivate their peers to seek excellence and serve others. Their stories of discovery, determination and ingenuity inspire young people to be better leaders and create better societies.
Since 1983, JCI has honored over 200 individuals from 47 nations. Past recipients of national awards include such well-known personalities as John F. Kennedy, Henry Kissinger, Elvis Presley, Jackie Chan, Wayne Gretzky and many more, all named before the age of 40 and before they had achieved national prominence. Honorees selected in past years have represented the heights of progress in numerous human endeavors. Many have gone on to even greater achievements. All have continued to serve humanity in a great variety of ways.
- Each nominee must be entered in one of the ten categories below.
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
For JCI Ten Outstanding Young People Award in 2009, i was awarded as the winner of Personal Improvement category. It was a great honour and a very important milestone for me to see my studies got response.
After the award, i was listed into Wikipedia’s Outstanding Young People of The World List and attended a TV Program to talk about the award.
You can watch the program below (in Turkish);
Here are some pictures and a detailed article about the event: http://www.abvizyonu.com/15toyp-turkiyenin-on-basarili-genci-yarismasi-odul-toreni-yapildi.html